Saturday, 15 October 2016

Mirror Girl

Mirror girl was funny once
She imitated me
She stuck her tongue out if I did.
Her timing was impeccable.
She smiled if I did
So I loved her.
She didn't sugarcoat,
She was honest
So I loved her.

Sometime, I don't remember
I looked at her on a bad day
She'd usually cheer me up
Make a funny face or
Imitate my sulky expression
But she did none of that
And that's when I saw...

She was ugly and depressing
She was everything I didn't want to be
I didn't love her anymore
She made me cry
So I hated her.

She sneaked into windows and lakes
And I pushed her away
I hated her
She was hideous.
A failure...a reminder.

But one day,
I don't remember when
I was smiling about
A silly squirrel outside
When the mirror girl came
On the window glass.
She smiled at me

Happy to have met me.
Her eyes said,
'Love me again please.'
I stuck my tongue out at her
And so did she
I felt at peace at last.
We laughed together.
Glad to be friends again.
She was funny sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment