Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Happy New Year!!!

I know it is really late to say happy new year now, but better late than never. And it is 2015! A whole new beginning! A new start to be more serious about everything I do or at least think of doing.Yes, the joke about incomplete new year resolutions and all that, I know. But this is the only time of the year I am bursting with infectious optimism, so I will enjoy it right now and be irritatingly positive. I keep the sardonic thoughts for the mid year.
 Actually, us Indians have two chances to start with the resolutions. One is the first of January and the other is the Indian new year(which is again different for every culture, in my case, Bengali). So, I just enjoy the freshness in January and start the real work in the other new year, or later. As you can see, I have only a little inclination to begin with actually doing anything. I just like the idea, frankly. Yes, I'm too happy-go-lucky for my own good.

This year I have made simple and easy to accomplish resolutions. I won't reveal the whole list, lest I read my own post sometime in August and hate myself for not even doing the "simple" things I planned. So, here is my easy part of my list :-

1. Get up at least 10 minutes earlier each day.

2. Eat breakfast.

3. Read more.

4. Drink more water.

5. Be happy.

6. Don't hate.

See? Simple.

I joined a book club. The age of the ladies who go there range from sixty's to sixteen. It is amazing. We sit together for 2 hours every Monday evening and discuss books, words authors and the general stuff we read. The atmosphere is nice and informal and everyone is really sweet. All the women are in different professions. They include teachers, therapists, home makers and students. Its a varied mix. I went only for one meet till now and learnt a few new words. Everyone welcomed me warmly and actually listened to what I had to say. I enjoyed it a lot.

I am excited about a lot of things this year and I am glad that I am here today to see 2015. I will begin the last year of my college this year and I just got goose-bumps while typing this. Excitement!        


A late but sincere HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! Love to all of my family and friends and to all of those who clicked in to see what I had to say. Thank you!

P.S- I plan to update my blog as regularly as I can from now on.

Bye, see ya'll! ( By the way, someone asked me why I write "ya'll". I do it because I heard Sheldon Cooper say it and liked it a lot.)

6 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year, Mohana! Good luck sticking to those resolutions! :P I've read and loved all of your posts and look forward to reading new ones! Take care! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mohana, found your blog. Really simple yet important resolutions you have for this year. Have an amazing year ahead :)

    Love,
    Rashmi<3
    from Lazygulrox

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Ramya... I'm so sorry for replying to your comment so late. And a BIG thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Rashmi! Thank you so much for taking the time to go through my post! I didn't find the time to check on my blog for so long. Anyway, I've gone almost all of your blog posts and LOVED them, especially the DIYs.....And have an amazing year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Rashmi! Thank you so much for taking the time to go through my post! I didn't find the time to check on my blog for so long. Anyway, I've gone almost all of your blog posts and LOVED them, especially the DIYs.....And have an amazing year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPPPPPPY NEW YEAR, DIDI!!! :)

    ReplyDelete