Friday, 23 May 2014

Haven for a talkative mind

I have always wanted to be a blogger. Writing out my mind has always made me calmer. This is probably because I have a very talkative mind which strings out a constant chain of monologues. Till now, only tattered old notebooks and well hidden diaries have suffered my constant entries, but now on, this blog joins the league of my notebooks.Who knows, maybe I'll be a writer someday. Though, if I have the talent and determination or not, I don't know. All I know is that, I love writing.
I am a student in college, pursuing bachelor in arts. I became 18 this february and since then I feel that it is high time that I do something instead of just day dreaming. So this blog is sort of a project to move my lazy backside. If someone were to describe me, they would call me a paradox. I alternate between being shy to uncomfortably bold. My relatives call me shy and my journalism professor calls me downright aggressive. This leaves me confused. Is that what I project? But then by the end of the day, I'm a happy girl with loads of friends and a weird, headstrong, but hilarious family. Yes, I have my bad days (loads of them), but no sooner do I find something interesting to think about and move on with my life. Like presently I' m in awe of Sherlock, Jeffrey Archer, Nora Jones and many different things, and they help me pass my day blissfully, though my holidays are getting kind of boring now. I want to go back to college already!

Now a little about the name of my blog. Sherlock fans are probably familiar with the term 'mind palace'. A 'mind palace' is a place where you keep your thoughts, ideas, memories and facts in allotted rooms or places which you are familiar with. Its a fascinating thing which you can google about to know more. I decided that if I have a virtual palace, then it should be purple, since its my favourite colour, always has been. Hence, presenting you 'Purple Mind Place'.
This blog will probably contain almost everything ranging from nail art to The Amazing Spiderman ,as I have a varied range of interests. I might also post few works of fiction which I write. I want to be able to read my older posts someday and laugh at myself or just simply feel good, like going through the old entries of a diary and thinking 'Ah, those days...' with a smile on my face. I hope that blogging turns out to be a feel good experience and provides to be a haven for my talkative mind. I will encourage any comments which are of the 'constructive criticism' variety. It will probably make me less prone to crash at the hint of criticism and steel me to future editors. Boy, I'm optimistic! See ya'll, bye!

8 comments:

  1. Thaks kriti! SO sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mis mohana paladhi you are so awe inspiring... I am in awe of you .From now you have definitely gained a subscriber to your blog I am going to follow you regularly . <3 :* .. You really rock ...keep up the good work .... You have a long way to go . :) :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kushmi. I definitely intend to write more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish blogs had a like button below ever comment :P

    ReplyDelete